Vinotherapy or Wine Spas
Cleopatra, one of the most beautiful women in the world soaked in asses' milk and took wine baths to make her skin glow. And French courtiers during Louis XIV's reign splashed aged wine for radiant cheeks, more details go to tashinahill.com.
While the benefits of drinking wine in moderation is firmly established, Vinotherapy is being rediscovered as winemakers are building spas amid their vineyards and making grape-derived beauty products. Vinotherapy is the American derivation of the French term Vinothrapie. Vino Spas now offer you a massage and scrub with Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet. The stem, seed and skin of grapes contain tannins; a plant polyphenol, that has astringent properties and hence a great anti-ageing substance for ageing skin. Polyphenols also strengthens the skin's protective system by fighting the effects of pollution, stress and ageing. Vine extracts tone and firm the skin, improve its texture and elasticity, nourish and stimulate cell replacement and reduce cellulite.
A highly concentrated source of antioxidants, the grape seed contains a polyphenol called resveratrol, which has been shown to inhibit growth of cancer cells, including skin cancer. Some studies have shown that grape seed extract, when applied to broken skin, promotes faster healing while reducing the formation of scar tissue. Grape seed oil maintains the healing properties of the seed, while providing an excellent emollient for a wide variety of spa treatments.
Grape skins are also an excellent source of resveratrol, the healing powers of which are so extraordinary some experts have called it the fountain of youth. In addition, skins contain flavonoids, which protect against free radicals, reduce inflammation, and help prevent skin damage. Grape skins can be crushed and blended with emollients to create wraps or masks; their extract can be infused into soaks or baths.
The treatments with grape products include toning, detoxing and exfoliating. What's more, you can sip a cup of vine leaf tea or a glass of wine while being pampered. The many ways of treating yourself with wine therapy include:
1. Body exfoliation with antioxidant using crushed body scrubs made from seeds of Chardonnay grape.
2. Massaging with grape seed oil and wine.
3. Soaking in a wine bath using grape products.
4. Rejuvenating facial skin with a Merlot wrap.
5. Wine barrel baths where you are dunked into a barrel filled with wine and other ingredients like essential oils.
6. Scrubbing down the whole body of toxins and dead skin cells with a Cabernet scrub a mixture of sea salt, honey, grape seed oil and grape seeds and a wine wrap made of crushed grape. seeds, red wine and herbs boiled together and applied with a large towel soaked in the liquid and wrapped around the body along with a heated layer.
There are no events available from this seller.